FringeA-Thon – June 16, 2018
June 16, 2018 12:00 PM - June 17, 2018 12:00 AM
Dance your “art” out at FringeA-Thon, an epic outdoor, 12-hour dance party and fundraiser for FringeArts and Philadelphia’s independent artists.
FringeA-Thon isn’t just a fundraiser. It’s an enormous party that celebrates the power of dance to unite people of all ages and backgrounds. With Philly-favorite DJs spinning all day, an outrageous “dance mom” host, pop-up performances, dance demos, battles, games, giveaways, and many more surprises, FringeA-Thon is a day you’ll never forget.
Children under 12 are FREE
12 NOON – KICK OFF
– Warm up with hosts John Jarboe and Virgil Gadson of So You Think You Can Dance and Broadway’s After Midnight.
– Start learning the moves for the 2018 FringeA-Thon dance.
– Hang out with the Phillie Phanatic, and join us for a Bollywood class with Philly Dance Fitness!
1PM – FROM BALLET TO Zumba
– Watch and learn from BalletX performers and get moving with a Zumba lesson by Nicole Metas.
2PM – KID DANCE BATTLES
– From 2-4PM, stay tuned for the Kid Dance Battles!
– A performance by Dance Battle Master, Steve Believe ‘s youth dancers, Hip Hop Fundamentals.
– Performance by middle school ballroom dancers of Dancing With The Students
3PM – BEACH PARTY
– Philadelphia Spin Coalition – SPinCo breaks out the hula hoops so get ready to show off your hip-shaking (hip-balancing?) skills!
– Jump into a Caribbean Hip Hop Lesson with Melanie Cotton and feel those summer vibes!
4PM – TWIST HER or DIP HER
– Play Twister with John Jarboe!
– Learn to partner dance with Deborah Hirsch and Philly Dance Fitness.
– Make sure you’re keeping up with Virgil Gadson’s “Move of the Hour”, so you can learn the FringeA-Thon dance by the end of the day!
5PM – HAPPY HOUR
– Jam out to live music by the West Philadelphia Orchestra, a unique ensemble rooted in European folk.
6PM – HALF TIME
– Performances by the Super Bowl Champion, Philadelphia Eagles’ Drumline, Philly Phresh Crew LLC, a hip hop crew aged 7-17, and The Old City Sweethearts, dancing to vintage jazz music!
7PM – DIVA HOUR
– The Roxborough YMCA Senior Sixers will bring their upbeat routines straight from the basketball court.
– Take the stage with your own FringeA-Thon team for the Diva Dance Battle!
8PM – 80’s PROM NIGHT
– Get ready to slow dance, moonwalk, and cabbage patch while we wait to see who’s crowned Prom King and Queen…
MIDNIGHT – THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
Join us for the last few moments of fabulousness and revel in the memories of a day spent learning, exploring, fundraising, moving, and of course, dancing!