A message about tomorrow:
We look forward to cheering on the Sixers with you tomorrow! Here is some very important information about the Sixers Official NBA Draft Party. Please review in advance. See you tomorrow!
1) All that registered must print out and bring your ticket with you – these will be scanned at the door.
2) If you are 21+ bring your identification.
3) No outside liquids, pets or bikes. …
4) No re-entry once you are inside.
5) There will be a security check for bags and metal detectors. We suggest leaving bags at home to make things smooth and quicker.
6) We encourage you to take public transportation or use Uber/Lyft – parking is limited and is first come first serve in the Germantown Ave lot. Street parking is available – please read the signs and pay attention to signs/meters.
7) Registration and check-in is between Wahlburgers and Urban Village (north end of the Piazza).
8) Food and drink is pay as you go – please support our local Schmidt’s Commons businesses!
9) The event is sold out – printed tickets are required – no additional tickets are available in advance.
10) The handles and hashtags for tomorrow is:
#PH1LA @schmidtscommons @sixers
THE PIAZZA AT SCHMIDT’S TO HOST 2017 OFFICIAL DRAFT PARTY OF THE PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
DRAFT PARTY TO FEATURE NBA DRAFT BROADCAST LIVE ON 400-SQUARE-FOOT HD TV, LIVE ENTERTAINMENT AND FOOD AND DRINK SPECIALS
The Piazza at Schmidt’s Commons in Northern Liberties will host the 2017 Official Draft Party of the Philadelphia 76ers on Thursday, June 22 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Fans are invited to watch the 2017 NBA Draft broadcast live on the Piazza’s 400-square-foot HD LED screen. The Sixers hold the third overall pick in addition to four second-round selections. While they watch the Draft on the big screen, guests will enjoy appearances by Sixers legends, mascot Franklin, Sixers Dancers and more. The party will also feature a live DJ, trivia contests, vendors, a silent auction, and food and drink specials from restaurants within the Piazza. Fans may visit bit.ly/SixersDraftRSVP for free registration instructions and event information. Tickets are limited to 3,000 and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The first 500 fans in attendance will receive a free limited edition T-shirt. The party is open to fans of all ages! Rain or shine. The Piazza at Schmidt’s Commons is located at 1001 N 2nd St., Philadelphia, PA 19123.
“We’re excited to support the Piazza at Schmidt’s Commons with the Official Draft Party of the Philadelphia 76ers,” said Philadelphia 76ers Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Chris Heck. “Our fans in Philadelphia have tremendous pride and passion for this team, and we’re looking forward to an incredible atmosphere in Northern Liberties on Draft Night.”
“The Piazza at Schmidt’s Commons is thrilled and proud to host the 2017 Official Draft Party of the Philadelphia 76ers,” said the Schmidt’s Commons Property Manager Sean Gavin. “We’re ready to roll out the red carpet for one of our favorite hometown teams and all the fans in Northern Liberties and beyond.”
This year’s Draft is important as the team looks to add to its dynamic young core which includes Rookie of the Year candidates Joel Embiid and Dario Saric, as well as 2016 No. 1 overall pick Ben Simmons.
Fans will have the opportunity to join the excitement by catching the NBA Draft broadcast live on the giant HD screen at the center of the Piazza, as well as in the restaurants and bars around the perimeter.
Look for special appearances by Sixers legend World B. Free, Sixers Host Christian Crosby, mascot Franklin and Sixers ENT: Dunk Squad presented by Dunkin’ Donuts, Sixers Dancers and Sixers Stixers. Other festivities will include a Sport Court area for contests, music from DJ Ghost, trivia contests to win Sixers-themed prizes, a silent auction for limited edition sports memorabilia, face painters, balloon artists and more.
Crabby’s Café and Sports Bar, Gunners Run, Urban Village Brewing Company (newly opened), El Camino Real and Wahlburgers will participate in the event and offer food and drink specials. All restaurants will also show the Draft inside their establishments, and pour cold drinks in limited supply Sixers branded cups. The early list of specials includes:
● Urban Village Brewing Company – 16oz. Wildey Wheat and CPA (Citra Pale Ale) $7.00
● Wahlburgers – $10.00 Our Burger & Wahlbrewski and $10.00 Our Burger & Tots
● El Camino Real – Tacos al Pastor (chili marinated pork with pineapple salsa) $5.00, Pulled Pork Sliders $5.00, Fried Mac and Cheese Balls with Spicy Chili Ketchup $5.00, Margaritas $5.00, Tecates $5.00, Bells 2 Hearted Ale $7.00, Victory Headwater $6.00
● Mike’s BBQ – 12 Hour Smoked Brisket Sandwich ~ Mustard Slaw, BBQ Sauce on Conshohocken Italian Bakery Potato Roll $9.00, 12 Hour Smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich ~ Mustard Slaw, BBQ Sauce on Conshohocken Italian Bakery Potato Roll $9.00, Can Sub Meat for BBQ Lentils (veg), Mike’s Almost Famous Italian Mac N Cheese with Pappardelle Pasta, 3 Cheeses, Bread Crumb $5.00, Mexican Street Corn on the Cob ~ Sour Cream Lime Aioli, Cojita Cheese, Cayenne $3.00
● Crabby’s Café and Sports Bar – Coming soon!
● Gunners Run – Coming Soon!
The early list of vendors on site will include Shibe Vintage with vintage style team t-shirts, authentic jerseys, rare sports memorabilia; Wahlburgers branded merchandise; with others to be announced. Guests can also enjoy a limited number of Dunkin’ Donuts giveaways and coupons at the registration table.
Registration for the Draft Party opens at 6:00 p.m. with check-in tables on the North side of the Piazza by the Water Tower (between Wahlburgers and UVBC). Fans interested in attending the free event must register for tickets at bit.ly/SixersDraftRSVP. All registered attendees will be entered to win a Joel Embiid autographed jersey. Free parking is available on the Germantown Ave lot behind the Piazza.
Gavin added, “The Draft Party is the perfect addition to our expanded event program that this year includes weekly pop-up movies under the stars, First Friday salsa dance nights, Schmidt’s Live outdoor music series and our new monthly Makers’ Market and Libations Garden, plus buzzy third-party events like Preakness at the Piazza, Beard Fest, Super Adoption Day, Bacon and Beer Festival and Silent Philly.”
For more about the Piazza at Schmidt’s Commons and the summer’s calendar of events, visit www.theschmidtscommons.com.
For the latest Sixers Draft coverage, visit Sixers.com/DraftCentral.
ABOUT THE PIAZZA AT SCHMIDT’S:
Opened on May 15, 2009, this beautifully landscaped 80,000 square foot open-air district is located on 2nd Street and Germantown Avenue in Northern Liberties. The Schmidt’s Commons is made up of 8 unique residential buildings, 140,000 SF of retail and commercial space, and the Piazza at Schmidt’s Commons, an 80,000 SF central plaza where events are hosted all year round. From concerts to free festivals, vendor markets, screening events, dance performances, and live broadcasts of sporting events, the Commons has something for everyone. At the head of the plaza is an 800 SF permanent stage and a HD 400 SF Daktronics LED screen. Expect to see all Philadelphia sports games playing on the Jumbotron year round. All are welcome!
ABOUT THE PHILADELPHIA 76ERS:
The Philadelphia 76ers are one of the most storied franchises in the National Basketball Association, having won three World Championships, earning nine trips to The Finals and making 47 playoff appearances over 67 seasons. The team is owned by an investor group led by Managing General Partner Josh Harris.